YOUR CHILD IS OUR PRIORITY!
The Wonder Years all-round care for your child means:
A HOME FROM HOME
Here at The Wonder Years, we have a good understanding of children's lives and their social contexts, basing our teaching around them. Supporting and encouraging personality development, autonomy and
creativity are top priorities for us.
Developing social interaction and understanding differences in others also plays an important role in our work.
We also support you, in bringing up your child.
The Wonder Years Day Nursery is designed to offer care in an environment that meets children's needs as they develop.
Every child at The Wonder Years has their own Key Worker with special responsibility for their care, who will take time to get to know their individual needs. Key Workers also work closely with parents, because your wishes are important to us.
We try to tailor every child's routine to suit them!
We have special rooms for babies, where they can feel safe and gain confidence in moving around.
More confident 'walkers' can have fun in our messy area and there are plenty of safe toys to play with.
Older children can enjoy different sorts of learning, like Music, Dance, French, Information Technology and Cooking.
There are also quiet areas in every playroom so children can rest when they need to.
At The Wonder Years we're very proud of our garden - and children love it! That's because it's designed just for them, from the child-safe plants to the child-size benches and play house.
There are lots of bikes, trikes and scooters to ride outside, plus a sandpit and decking where they can play other outdoor games.
We provide fresh, healthy meals and snacks every day. This includes breakfast, dinner and tea - we want your child to eat as well here as they do at home, so just let us know about any special diets, allergies, cultural or religious requirements.
Everyone but the youngest babies uses our dining area, which helps the children develop social skills.
At The Wonder Years we do everything we can to make sure your child is safe in our care.
- All Staff undergo Disclosure and Barring Service checks when we recruit them.
- Access to the Nursery is strictly monitored, and we record every visitor to the Nursery
- A 'finger-print' pad system has been installed which only allows parents and special visitors entry into the Nursery
- We carry out regular Risk Assessments and Fire Drills, and have proper procedures for instances of accident or illness
- All our toys and equipment meet the correct Safety Standards
- We encourage sound Health and Hygiene procedures
- All Staff are always vigilant about our childrens' safety both indoors and outdoors.
Would you like to learn more about our approach?
Please contact us on 0121 556 6979 or use our Contact Form.